Smoking and Pregnancy
Congratulations, you have a baby on the way !
Smokefree Hampshire understand how quitting smoking whilst pregnant can be difficult. Our free specialist support can make it easier. Click here to sign up!
This may be an exciting but anxious time for you. We are here to support you to give your baby the best possible start in life.
How can we help?
- We can give you free patches and inhalators to help you quit. These are safe to use during pregnancy.
- Although not completely risk free, it is safer to vape than to smoke during your pregnancy. We can offer you a voucher for a vape starter kit.
- Our Specialist Advisers can give you free and friendly support along the way. This can be face to face or by phone, which ever you prefer.
- We can support you alongside partners and family to quit for good, helping you to create a smokefree home for your baby.
What should I know about quitting in pregnancy?
- Quitting at any stage of pregnancy will help protect you and your baby and will immediately protect baby from harmful gases and other damaging chemicals.
- You can reduce the risk of complications at birth by quitting smoking
- You can reduce the risk of your baby developing serious health issues from birth and in later life by quitting.
You can prevent your baby from being exposed to second-hand smoke which carries similar risks to smoking yourself.
To learn more and to sign up for support from our Smoking in Pregnancy Advisor, click here.
01264 563039 or 0800 772 3649
Smokefree Hampshire is your local stop smoking service commissioned by Hampshire County Council.